- Ball P et al: Antibiotic therapy of community respiratory tract infections: strategies for optimal outcomes and minimized resistance emergence. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. (2002) 49, 31–40
- Bulloch B. et al.: “The use of antibiotics to prevent serious sequelae in children at risk for occult bacteriemia: a meta-analysis.” AcadEmerg Med, 4, 679–683, 1997.
- Dante Bassetti: Chemioterapici, antinfettivi e loro impiego razionale. Intramed 2001
- Fontana R. et al.: “Interaction of ceftriaxone with penicillin-binding proteins of Escherichia coli in the presence of human serum albumine.” J AntimicrobChemother, 42, 95–98, 1998.
- Gupta K, Hooton TM, Naber KG, Wullt B, Colgan R, Miller LG, Moran GJ, Nicolle LE, Raz R, Schaeffer AJ, Soper DE; Infectious Diseases Society of America; European Society for Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. International clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of acute uncomplicated cystitis and pyelonephritis in women: A 2010 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the European Society for Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. ClinInfectDis. 2011 Mar 1;52(5):e103-20. doi: 10.1093/cid/ciq257.
- Hooton TM. Acute cystitis and pyelonephritis.UpToDate, Sept, 25th 2013. http://www.uptodate.com/contents/acute-complicated-cystitis-and-pyelonephritis
- Lamb HM, Ormrod D, Scott LJ, Figgitt DP: Ceftriaxone: an update of its use in the management of community acquired and nosocomial infections. Drugs. 2002;62(7):1041-89.
- Linhares I, Raposo T, Rodrigues A, Almeida A. Frequency and antimicrobial resistance patterns of bacteria implicated in community urinary tract infections: a ten-year surveillance study (2000-2009). BMC InfectDis. 2013 Jan 18;13:19. doi: 10.1186/1471-2334-13-19.
- World Health Organization: Second Meeting of the Subcommittee of the Expert Committee on the Selection and Use of Essential Medicines. Geneva, 29 September to 3 October 2008